A catastrophic injury can affect every part of your life, making it difficult to work, upending your family, and changing the course of your future. If someone else was to blame for your injury, our St. Louis catastrophic injury law firm can help you demand compensation for all they’ve cost you. We want you to have the financial security to build a better tomorrow.
When your health and your family are on the line, turn to a law firm that can make the difference. Turn to the Sumner Law Group, LLC. We have over 50 years of combined legal experience, and we back that up with a reputation for multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
Contact us today for a free consultation, and we’ll tell you how our catastrophic injury attorneys in St. Louis can fight for your rights at no upfront cost to you.
Why You Should Choose Our St. Louis Catastrophic Injury Lawyers
Our skilled catastrophic injury lawyers understand the challenges that devastating injuries present. Your case is unique, and what you’ve suffered is specific to the type and extent of your injuries. Our St. Louis catastrophic injury attorneys will tailor our approach to pursuing the best results given your unique circumstances.
Our legal team has over half a century of collective experience, during which time we’ve honed our negotiation tactics and courtroom skills. We’re committed to achieving exceptional outcomes for our valued clients, and what’s more, we’ll pursue your case at no upfront cost to you. You’ll only pay us if and when we secure you compensation through a settlement or verdict.
What Makes an Injury Catastrophic?
An injury is catastrophic if it has severe or irreversible consequences. They have a profound effect on the lives of victims, often resulting in long-term or permanent disabilities. These injuries substantially change a person’s quality of life in the following significant ways:
- Financial impact – The cost of treating and managing catastrophic injuries can be astronomical. There might be initial hospital bills, surgeries, and emergency care costs. Costs related to long-term physical therapy, medical equipment, modifications to homes and vehicles, and continual medical check-ups can last for decades.
- Lifelong complications – Many victims of catastrophic injuries require assistance for the rest of their life. They may need help with daily activities like bathing and eating and rely on medical equipment and ongoing treatment. The loss of independence can be a significant emotional blow, leading to feelings of helplessness and depression. Practically, it can prevent them from earning a living or enjoying their lives as they once did.
- Ripple effects on loved ones – The repercussions of a catastrophic injury aren’t limited to the injured person. Family members and close friends may need to adjust their lives dramatically to provide care and support. This new dynamic can strain relationships and add another layer of emotional complexity to the healing process.
- Psychological trauma – Beyond the physical pain, individuals with catastrophic injuries often suffer from mental health issues. Adjusting to a new way of life, coming to terms with reduced capabilities, and managing chronic pain or discomfort can lead to depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Legal implications – The legal stakes are higher in a catastrophic injury claim. Compensation should reflect the immediate and long-term financial, physical, and emotional costs.
Examples of Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Many different injuries can be considered catastrophic. These are often life-threatening without immediate medical care. Some common examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries can result in cognitive, emotional, and physical impairments.
- Spinal cord injuries often lead to paralysis and other motor function issues.
- Severe burns can damage the outer layer of the skin and deep tissues, sometimes causing lifelong scars and complications.
- Multiple bone fractures may affect mobility and require long rehabilitation periods.
- Amputations require intense physical and emotional therapy, expensive prosthetics, and often disability compensation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries?
Catastrophic injuries occur suddenly and often without warning, frequently as a result of:
- Car and other motor vehicle accidents, especially at high speeds or involving multiple vehicles
- Slip and falls
- Workplace accidents involving falling objects, equipment, and machinery
- Medical malpractice
- Sports and recreational activities, such as football tackles or diving into shallow water
- Toxic substances from a spill, leak, or seepage
What Damages Are Available in a Catastrophic Injury Claim?
Our severe accident lawyers can determine if you have a valid catastrophic injury claim. If so, you could pursue money for:
- Medical bills – Covering both current and anticipated future medical costs
- Lost wages – Compensation for the income lost due to the injury
- Diminished earning potential – Offsetting the effects the injury will have on career prospects
- Pain and suffering – For the emotional and physical distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life – When the victim can’t partake in activities they used to enjoy
How Do Catastrophic Injury Cases Differ from Others?
Catastrophic injury lawsuits differ from other personal injury cases primarily because of the severity and long-term implications of the underlying injuries. These consequences are often more severe and long-lasting, which means victims require more money to compensate them for what they’ve suffered. These cases often require expert testimony and detailed medical documentation. They also demand a catastrophic accident lawyer who understands their complexities and has the resources to handle them effectively.
How Can Our St. Louis Catastrophic Personal Injury Attorneys Help?
Why turn to the Sumner Law Group, LLC, for help with your catastrophic injury case? Because we offer:
- Experience – We have over 50 combined years of legal experience in personal injury law, including catastrophic injury cases.
- Empathy – We understand the emotional and physical turmoil you’re going through and offer a helping hand throughout the process.
- Resources – We collaborate with medical professionals, rehabilitation experts, and financial analysts to understand the full scope of your needs and demand that they be addressed.
- Dedication – Our team goes the extra mile to help you recover the justice and compensation you deserve.
You cannot change the past, but you can determine how to meet future challenges. A St. Louis catastrophic injury lawyer with the Sumner Law Group, LLC, can help you pursue the financial security you need to prepare for the road ahead.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation, and we’ll tell you how we can help.