Brent A. Sumner is the Managing Partner at Sumner Law Group, LLC. He focuses his practice exclusively on cases that involve serious personal injuries. Over the years, he has successfully represented thousands of individuals and families, recovering millions of dollars in compensation for injured accident victims.
“I love making a difference in people’s lives,” Brent says. “It is really rewarding to help families that have been devastated by serious injuries or loss. I listen to them and understand what they are dealing with. I’m their voice, and I fight for them against aggressive insurance companies.”
As an experienced litigator, Brent stresses how important it is to have an attorney who is prepared to go to trial in a serious personal injury case. Insurance companies need to know that an accident victim’s attorney will not back down from a fight in court, he says.
Brent has earned a reputation throughout Missouri as a top-notch trial lawyer. He is honored to be part of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Personal Injury Lawyers. His success on behalf of his clients also earned him a spot in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a prestigious group that includes fewer than 1% of all lawyers in the United States.
“I love winning for my clients,” he says. “It makes me feel good to provide them with life-changing money from the insurance company.”
A native of St. Louis, Brent is proud to serve the people of his hometown. He built his firm with the goal of providing personalized service and attention to each client. Everyone on his staff shares in that mission. “I love the team of people we have at my firm. I hired people who truly care about our clients and want to win for them.”
Brent earned his B.S. in Biochemistry from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2002. He went on to earn his Juris Doctorate with a Certificate in Health Law in 2006 from Saint Louis University School of Law, the No.1 health law school in the country.
He is a member of the Missouri Bar and the Illinois State Bar Association. He also serves on the Board of Governors for the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys. He is a member of the American Association of Justice and has been recognized by Super Lawyers.
Outside the office, Brent enjoys spending time with his wife and children. “They remind me of what is important in life,” he says.
- B.S. in Biochemistry from University of Missouri-Columbia, 2002
- Juris Doctorate from Saint Louis University School of Law – Certificate in Health Law, 2006
- Board of Governors for the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Member of Missouri Bar and Illinois State Bar Association
- Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member of the American Association of Justice
- Super Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Personal Injury Lawyers
- Best Lawyers
- Super Lawyers Rising Star in Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Litigation, 2014 to present
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Lawyer, 2014 to present
- Best Lawyers for Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Litigation, 2021
- AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Litigation
- Super Lawyers Plaintiff’s Medical Malpractice Litigation
- Member of Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- $6,000,000 Settlement from Building Collapse
- $14.200,000 million verdict for traumatic brain injury due to a motorcycle crash
- $650,000 Verdict for distracted driving car accident causing neck injuries
- $6,000,000 Wrongful Death Truck Crash Settlement
- $506,000 Medical malpractice Jury Verdict
- $25,000,000 Verdict for A Man Assaulted in a Restaurant