Head-on collisions occur when the front end of one vehicle strikes the front end of another vehicle traveling in the opposite direction. According to statistics published by the National Safety Council (NSC), although head-on crashes accounted for just 2.7 percent of all motor vehicle accidents in one recent year, these accidents resulted in a shocking 12.8 percent of all car crash-related fatalities that year.
If you were involved in a St. Louis head-on collision, now is the time to reach out to the knowledgeable frontal collision accident attorneys of Sumner Law Group, LLC. We can handle every aspect of your car accident case while you focus on healing.
Contact us today to learn more about your legal options in a free case evaluation.
Why You Need Help from Sumner Law Group After a Head-On Crash
If you were injured in a head-on car accident in St. Louis, reach out to our experienced car accident attorneys, who are prepared to do everything it takes to get you back on your feet. Sumner Law Group, LLC, has an experienced legal team dedicated to serving the people of Missouri. We’re here to help you, too.
Why choose us? You can rest assured that our team will work hard to get you the results you deserve because:
- We stay laser-focused on your case. Our firm purposely accepts only a small number of personal injury cases, which allows us to prioritize and stay focused on your claim.
- Our attorneys are personable and available. When you choose to hire us, you will work directly with our lawyers rather than being handed off to a paralegal.
- We have the experience you need. With over 50 years of combined legal experience, our car accident lawyers have the knowledge and resources to seek the results that accident victims need.
- Insurance companies know we mean business. Our firm has a reputation among insurance adjusters for putting in the work and seeing cases through to the end.
- We have a proven track record of real results. We have a history of obtaining real results for our clients, including a $2,050,000 settlement on behalf of the families of two men who were killed in a head-on crash caused by a drunk driver.
- You can hire us at no charge and at no risk. We can review your case with no cost and no obligation to you during a free consultation. You won’t owe us a dime unless we recover compensation for you.
Potential Compensation for Your Injuries
Missouri is an at-fault state for car accident claims, which means drivers who are at fault for car crashes such as head-on collisions can be held financially responsible for the serious injuries and other damages they cause. If you were injured in a head-on collision caused by another driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to just compensation for:
- Medical expenses – The costs of any medical care you need for injuries you sustained due to the head-on car crash. That could include medical bills for things like ambulance rides, hospital stays, doctor’s visits, and prescription medications.
- Lost wages – The value of any lost wages you incur due to missed time at work while you recover from your accident-related injuries.
- Future losses – The estimated value of accident-related losses you will likely incur in the future, such as medical care you may need later on and projected losses in your future earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering – The intangible costs of the physical pain, emotional anguish, and psychological suffering you endure due to the accident and your subsequent injuries.
- Incidental costs – Any out-of-pocket costs you incur for unexpected, accident-related expenses such as the costs of travel to and from necessary medical appointments.
- Vehicle repairs – The costs of repairing any damage to your vehicle or replacing a car that was totaled due to the accident.
In fatal crashes, surviving family members may be entitled to bring a wrongful death claim.
Proving Liability for a Head-On Collision in St. Louis
To obtain maximum compensation after being injured in a head-on crash in St. Louis, you must be able to demonstrate that the other driver or some other party was liable for the crash. You can prove the other driver’s liability and hold them accountable by presenting the following types of evidence:
- The police report – If police officers responded to the scene, the official accident report they made could be a gold mine of valuable information such as citations issued for traffic violations, toxicology test results, diagrams of the accident, and the officer’s opinion about who was at fault.
- Photos and video footage – Photos of the accident scene and video footage from dashcams, traffic cameras, and security cameras can show precisely what the auto accident scene looked like just before and after the crash occurred. For example, it could indicate that a vehicle crossed the center line into oncoming traffic or a driver went the wrong way on a two-lane road.
- Eyewitness statements – Statements from third-party eyewitnesses who saw the vehicles collide can be a valuable source of unbiased information that can corroborate and flesh out your version of events.
- Expert witness testimony – Expert witnesses such as accident reconstruction specialists and medical experts can provide professional insight into the causes and effects of the crash.
Statute of Limitations to File a Head-On Collision Claim
If you believe you may have grounds for a lawsuit after a St. Louis head-on collision, it’s crucial to understand how Missouri’s statute of limitations law could affect your case. A statute of limitations is a special type of law that limits the amount of time you have to take legal action.
Regarding personal injury lawsuits, such as car accident lawsuits, Missouri’s statute of limitations gives you five years to file your case. This five-year period starts on the date of the accident, which means the clock begins ticking away your time the moment you are injured.
If you wait to file your lawsuit until after the five-year deadline has expired, the court will likely dismiss your case. At that point, you will lose your right to demand compensation for your injuries and other accident-related losses.
Contact a Head-On Collision Attorney from Sumner Law Group
No matter how complex your St. Louis front-end crash case may be, Sumner Law Group, LLC, is here to help. Our law firm can fight aggressively to demand full and fair compensation on your behalf while you focus on your recovery.
Contact us today to discuss the details of your situation in a free case review.