In these cases, you could file a claim with your own insurer if you carry uninsured motorist (UM) coverage. Assuming you have this coverage in your policy – which you likely do unless you rejected it in writing – you can still recover the money you need if the other driver fled the scene. Our attorneys help hit-and-run victims pursue maximum compensation from all sources, including UM coverage.